The Humane Society of Allen County (HSOAC) is dedicated to the elimination of cruelty, abuse, neglect and abandonment of animals. The Society will shelter animals in times of need, locate lifelong homes and promote responsible pet ownership through education, legislation and sterilization.
As a no suffering shelter we will only put down animals with severe medical issues, severe temperament problems, and those with a poor quality of life. We will look at the animals mobility, appetite/eating ability, breathing, discomfort, incontinence, mental capacity, happiness and response to treatment.
The Humane Society of Allen County does not support euthanasia as the predominant means of managing the pet overpopulation problem. Every effort should be made to place appropriate animals in safe, responsible homes. Euthanasia should be resorted to only when necessary to spare animals further hardship and suffering.
Are you interested in adopting a pet from the Humane Society of Allen County? There are a few different ways you can get started finding the pet that’s perfect for your home!
- Visit our shelter located at 3606 Elida Rd. Our operating hours are Wednesdays 3:00-7:00PM, Thursdays 3:00-7:00PM, and Saturday 12:00-4:30PM.
- You can also view a list of our adoptable pets right here on our web site! Our online listing includes pictures, basic pet information, and that pet’s special story.
Adopting from the Humane Society of Allen County doesn’t just help an animal find a forever family; it also makes good financial sense for you. All of our pets:
- Are spayed or neutered
- Are up to date on vaccinations and medical care
- Receive world-class nutrition, thanks to the generous support of our local veterinarians
- Receive daily socialization and love
You can speed up the process by completing our application process at home and bringing it in with you.
The Humane Society of Allen County follows the following pricing model for adoption fees. Adoption fees for dogs are $150. Dog licenses are an additional fee. Cat adoption fees are $50 for kittens, and $40 for Adult Cats. Adoption fees for other small animals that the Humane Society may have are determined by the shelter manager.
When you adopt from the Humane Society of Allen County, you are giving a pet a forever home and adding joy to your family.